Tuesday, October 09, 2007

weird microwave

When I first moved in to my house, Nathaniel told me to unplug all of my appliances when they are not in use. That way if there is a lightning storm, you won’t fry anything.
Good advice from a 12 year old.
So yesterday we were having our first lightning storm. I went around unplugging my TV, DVD player, and refused to plug in my laptop even thought the battery was dead.
As I started to sit down I thought I better unplug everything. I got up again and unplugged the dryer, the coffeepot and went to my microwave.
No the microwave will be fine. Besides I didn’t want to move the fridge to reach behind it and unplug it.
I started to sit down and thought again about the microwave.
No, it will be fine. (Too be honest, I don’t know if I thought it or “heard” it but I felt fine about it.
I went to bed and the power flickered for a while. It would cut off, and then when it came back on, I’d hear my microwave beep.
So this morning I wake up, and the clock on my microwave is dark.
When I opened the door, the light inside came on, but the buttons and panel are out. Was it fried by a power surge? My fridge is plugged into the same plug and it’s fine. So is my oven. But the microwave will not work.
Huh? So what was all of that about last night? I think if it was that small voice telling me to unplug it, and I didn’t listen, I’d feel guilty this morning.
But I don’t. I feel peaceful that everything will be okay.
So pray for me as I pray from my microwave. Strange… I don’t know what the lesson in all of this is yet.

No comments: