Tuesday, October 02, 2007

In case you didn't get my email..

It was an unexpected surprise. I stopped by the clinic to pick up a friend Nombti, and give her a ride back to the office. Then I saw some of my children there who were brought to be treated for colds, coughs, and other such things. I sat and chatted and hugged them.
“Christy. We need you, two minutes” Ncamiso said. “There is a woman here. She is very sick. She needs prayer.”
It was a small frail woman. Just shorter than I am, she can’t weigh more than 80 lbs. Sunken cheeks, dark eyes, and the tale tell lesions on the side of her face. She hobbled into the room and struggled to lower herself into the chair.
Ncamiso and Tbeko prayed for healing, but to be honest, I felt nothing leading me to pray that way.
She didn’t respond much.
I did feel led to pray against her root of rejection, - her struggle to receive the forgiveness she’d been promised though Christ, and her confidence to approach her heavenly Father boldly, without fear that He was angry with her.
When we were done, she sighed. “I feel warm. I feel warm on this side.” (the side I’d been laying hand on.) She looked no more healthy, but more peaceful.
As we left I asked her, “L- they say you are A-’s family?”
“Yes, he is my brother.”
The first person I prayed for here in Swaziland was “A-’s sister.” Unnamed, and unknown to me, I felt led to pray with him one day in the kombi. She was sick in the hospital, and he was so concerned for her. And today I met her face to face and got to hold her gentle hands in mine.
It was an unexpected surprise.

No comments: