Thursday, October 25, 2007

So it will make sense to you too...

I love my friend Lauren for many reasons.
She’s taught me that African pancakes (crepes) really are amazing with avocado and bacon, or that sweet bananas, onions and spicy curry really do go together.
She’s sweetly quirky.
“When I was a little girl, I use to love thunderstorms. I’d lie in bed listening, and get all warm and tingling inside. I’d think, ‘Yes! My God is that powerful!’”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I’m struggling.
How do you go on day after day on blind faith.
When you don’t see His hand working. When you don’t see an end in sight.
How do you continue on for one more day, when, honestly you don’t believe it will be just one more day.
That day will lead to the next, to the next, to the next.
“Behold! I do a new thing…”
But month after month, the test results are negative.
Months have turned to years and he still won’t speak to her.
Countless prayers for her, and she’s farther away from God than ever.
What do you do, when you realize that you're no longer surprised by the disappointment.
Your heart is right before the Lord, “But it’s been the same for so long...”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thunderclap shook my house this morning… “I am that powerful!”

No comments: