Monday, October 01, 2007

Part 2...Finally!

Wow! my readers have been getting restless! Hope you're not to disappointed with part 2. Nothing profound, just another day of being humbled. Here it is:

Okay so I wrote It’s not about me on Sunday evening, pressed ‘save’ and went to church.
Guess what the sermon was about…Obedience.
Not just obedience, but obedience with the right motives.
Ouch!
Yes I gave the lamps, I was obedient. But I did it for the wrong reasons. I gave them because I “had to” not because I had compassion for a woman alone in a new and scary place who might have wanted just a touch of home.
Galatians 6:18-23 says : But when you are directed by the Holy Spirit, you are no longer subject to the law . When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results: sexual immorality, impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasure, idolatry, participation in demonic activities, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, divisions, the feeling that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other kinds of sin…But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love joy peace patience, kindness goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Considering my actions and attitudes these past few weeks, I think it’s clear that I’m trying to be obedient to the law, not the spirit.
Sigh. No fun.
And it never works out anyway. :0)

No comments: