Friday, October 26, 2007

"everything will be fine"

I got my microwave back! Fixed for Free! I took it to the repair shop and they told me it would be $450E for the Part and another $100E for the labor.
Ech
But they saw how new it was they asked if it was under warenty.
Of course it is, but I couldn't find the slip or the box (which is required here.) The manager sent me to the shop I bought it at (across the street) and in a book, they keep all of their registars, and I was listed on the first page.
Now I must repent. I complain about the lack of technology in Swaziland, but in this case, hand written recipts make a difference. The manager gave me a copy, and then filed the paperwork himself.
I got the call today, and took it home right away! While life was not that bad without it, I'm happy to have it back.
Not sure the lesson in all of this....but I had peace about it all. I guess I'm just suppose to learn that lightning stikes here, I should always keep my boxes, and modern technology isnt' always what it's cracked up to be. We can live well without it.

No comments: