Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Book Distribution


A few weeks ago I went about distributing books to the carepoints. I'd always been told that the swazi aren't really into books and reading. But children have a love for stories reguardless of where they are raised. They met me at the truck and wanted to carry in the books themselves. And even the tiny ones were grasping at them, with wide eyes! They were facinated with the colorful pictures, knowing that the black marks meant something. They would point to the pictures and chatter excitedly to one another. And sometimes they would point and tell me the english words as well. I sat a read with a few tiny ones about going to school and every page they would point excitedly shouting "Peeen-sul!" Well at least they know what a pencil looks like!

1 comment:

Carole Turner said...

I love books!!