Thursday, October 18, 2007

African Funnies

Africa makes me smile.
The other day I rode to work behind a pick-up truck. In the bed was a man, a woman, her baby, a granny, and a goat.
Only in Africa.

Nomty is a sassy 20 year old who works in our office. One day, frustratedly teasing Queeneth, she said, “Oh I see. You think you are better than cheese on toast.”
To an African that would be pretty good. :0)

We had dinner with a group of Zimbabweans who were visiting. For desert, Felicity had a big bowl of ice cream and brownies. Since I’d been eating cookies as an appetizer, I only had a tiny scoop of ice cream and a tiny little brownie.
She was appalled! “How come I have this huge bowl, and you only have a lick and a promise?”
I like that one. I’ll use it. You can use it too.
Smile!

No comments: