Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The retreat


The weekend in Nelspruit was wonderful. I made a few purchases, made a few new friends, and felt revived. We did Beth Moore’s Loving Well study, and it really helped me to focus on the idea that I need to learn to love the unlovely, especially those that I’m close to.
One morning while I was doing my hair, I heard the Lord say that I’m home now.
Hmmm. Can’t say that I’m surprised. I’ve kinda been expecting that to come. But I’ve been feeling for a while, in spite of all the icky culture shock and such, that this is to be my new home and I need to begin building my life here. That’s not to say that I’ll never be back in the states, but as for now and this season of my life, Africa is home.
That’s hard to accept, because part of me has been trying to hang on to America with one hand. But I realize I severed all ties to the states, with the exception of my friends and family. I have no job there, no house, no car, no furniture, no toys, nothing!
But it’s helping my attitude, and accepting things. Instead of thinking, “why can’t things be like this or that,” I think “well this is where I live, and that’s how we do things here.” :0)

No comments: