Friday, October 12, 2007

okay okay, I take it all back!

You know in spite of my ranting and raving about looking a mess, I went to my carepoint to spend the afternoon with my babies. And as I turned off the road onto the dirt side street, they spotted Punkin, my man-truck. The children began and cheering, “Yea!” pumping their arms up and down in the air as they jumped about. They ran to me shouting what little English they know “Hel-lo Aunt-ie. How are Youuuuuuu?” They hugged me in a mass that almost knocked me down.
Some teens arrived later, rushing in as they saw Punkin parked at the gate. The twins came to hug me, “Oh Auntie, I’ve missed you. Did you come yesterday? I heard you were here. I’m sorry we missed you last week. We have much to tell you.”
They wanted to sit right next to me and ask me about my favorite food, and favorite colors, about my house and my family. They wanted to share with me about how their father just died, and now they are only with their mother, and asked me to adopt their friend’s baby sister.
They don’t even notice my melted skirt, and rained-on hair,- I’m a rock star to these kids. They will hang onto my every word, and adore me no matter what kind of a mess I am, simply because I come with love, a smile, and a listening ear.
What an opportunity I have to influence them. What a responsibility I have to influence them.
I love them so much.

2 comments:

Susan Rodgers said...

Christy, your blogs make me laugh out loud! Thank you for the "soul medicine." Also, Friday morning you were MY hero, driving me to the doctor when I was in too much pain to do so myself. Not to mention coming over and making supper for the kids and me the night before. Count the Rodgers mom and kids in with your "groupies." We love you.

Annie said...

Yay!! It's true...they love YOU because you love them...

We love because he first loved us...

:0)