Thursday, July 26, 2007

Open the floodgates!

I have been tremendously blessed. I don't even think I can grasp it yet!
In the 3 weeks I've been here, things have fallen into place so well.
I have a house to live in, a car to drive, and almost a complete house full of furniture!
The truck came about when Ben got a call saying there were some leased vehicles up for sale and they were holding one for us to look at. It's only a 2003 and doesn't have too many miles. Ben suggested I snatch it up, which I did. Many men are envious of my man-truck. If you knew how hard it is to get a decent vehicle here, you'd know why.
My house was also prearranged for me, and I only have to furnish it. Furniture here in Swaziland is very expensive and often ugly. But days after arriving a couple Crystal and Nathan suddenly had to return to the states. They sold me so much furniture and housing items at a crazy low price. In addition, I was given by another family, table clothes, some kitchen items, a juicer, curtains, a headboard and inn tables, a vanity table, a step stool and a standing full length mirror! With the exception of a dinning room table, my house is fully furnished well under budget (which has allowed me to by the slightly over budget car.) I can't believe it! Now I only have to buy little things to make it nice, candles, pictures etc. Things they call "scatters" here.
One of out Swazi staff asked me "What is your secret? How do you know the right time to come, when the car is available, and people are moving, and people are giving things away? I've seen others come and they have to live with others for months to get things arranged. But it is coming so easy for you. How did you do it?..."
The thing is, I had nothing to do with it. It's simply God's favor.
Ben joked, "You must be livin' right."
That's got nothing to do with it. If mercy depended on my performance, I'd be in trouble some days. But I think because I am here by myself, and don't have a husband or family to depend on God has given me an abundance of grace to get through the rocky times.
A long time ago as I struggled with the idea of coming here alone, God showed me this part of Scripture:
Moses said to the LORD, "You have been telling me...but you haven't told me whom you will send with me. You call me by name and tell me I have found favor with you. Please if this is really so, show me your intentions so I will understand you more fully and do exactly what you want me to do..." And the LORD replied, "I will personally go with you, Moses. I will give you rest. Everything will be fine for you...I will show kindness to anyone I choose, and I will show mercy to anyone I choose..." Exodus 33:12-19 [emphasis mine]
So these 3 weeks have been a fulfillment of His promises. He goes along with those He calls, working on their behalf, choosing to show His mercy to those he chooses.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

thank you jesus!!