Monday, July 09, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I'm here and trying to settle in. My assignment this week has been to learn to survive. :0)
My first life lessons include running through the house first thing in the morning to turn on all of the space heaters to heat up the house, Keeping socks right next to the bed so I can put them on before stepping out on the cold marble floor, and I've taught myself how to roll my hair using steam rollers and a tea pot.
But the coolest thing was out meeting this morning. I know meetings aren't suppose to be fun, but I enjoyed meeting the local staff and team. Best of all was the singing, prayer, and bible teaching we had as a team. It was very reminiscent of or breakthrough group back home, and that made me smile. I've missed that group a lot, and I've been praying that I'll have a team like that here to learn with, and do life.
My prayers have been answered. :0)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm praying for a group like that to emerge again here too! :0)

Kelli said...

Christy...
i have been enjoying your blogs for awhile now. I have been very much encouraged by your journey...the ups and the downs. :) I want you to know that I am praying for you and the Cup team. Blessings!

Jennifer said...

yeah! praise the lord!!!