Monday, August 13, 2007

Too Busy!



I use to get so frustrated with the Children’s Cup team. I was sitting in American all curious aobut what was going on in Africa, but no one would be posting.
Now I understand. Judge not, lest ye be judged.
I just survived my first team. A group of 31 came from the states, and while I was still only minimally involved, I was still very busy! SO I return to the office on Monday hoping to catch up on some email and blogging only to find a mountain of suitcases in my workspace. The team had left behind tons of clothes, books, school supplies, and craft things for the carepoints. (They also left me all of their American toilet paper. Yea! I have the happiest bum in all of Africa!) But my chore is to now sort this mountain and distribute it.
I checked my email just at a glance and had lots of people wondering why I wasn’t writing or posting.
Sigh
Sorry guys. I just haven’t had time. But I love you and miss you and have been thinking of you!
But I must say, I enjoyed being with the team. Many of these members were sponsors for our care point kids. So one day we had a luncheon in the park. The children all got KFC, and Fanta, and candy to eat, and then they got to play on the playground. And if that wasn’t cool enough, we then went to the store where each child got a pair of new school shoes and then their sponsors bought them an outfit, or two. And if that wasn’t cool enough, they then went to Steers and bought them an ice cream cone! You can imagine that this was the best day of their lives! They thought they’d dies and gone to heaven!
Another day we hosted a fun day at the location of a in-process carepoint. Complete with jump houses, face painting, balloon animals and crafts the kids had a blast. One teen-age girl told me, “I’ve never had so much fun.”
So while it was crazy busy, it was a lot of fun!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:0) Glad you are busy and doing the work...I'll be more patient!!

Anonymous said...

That day was one of the best of my life being able to bring joy and love to those children!
Blessings to you
Brett
"One of the 31"