Thursday, August 16, 2007

Back to School


It’s back to school time. Raise your hand if you are a very happy parent! I’ve been wondering how I would feel when August rolled around and I was still here.up until now it’s still seemed like I was on summer vacation. I know many of you, my teacher friends, will be heading back to North Chatham, or other school to a new class. That was always the best time. Smiling faces, newly laminated…everything. And Jennifer, I bet you are giddy with anticipation. You probably have a new label maker or something. (Can I give credit where credit is due? I have to say Jennifer is one of the best teachers I’ve ever known. I always loved getting her former students in 1st grade)
So to be honest there has been a little teacher pang of longing in my heart this month… And then the team came.
They blessed us so greatly. They left suitcases of clothing, enough toys to make Santa jealous, and SCHOOL SUPPLIES!!!!!! This picture doesn’t even do it justice! There are probably about 300 boxes of crayons, 100 pairs of scissors, pencils, glue sticks, markers, colored pencils, construction paper, and on and on. As I opened suitcase after suit case I couldn’t believe my eyes! More school supplies, and more school supplies and more school supplies!!! It took me an afternoon just to sort them on the table here. We’ve made ample goodie bags for all of our carepoints and still have leftovers to store for when our new carepoints open in a few months! The All Labels:
Reader Comments
Allow
Don't allow, show existing
Don't allow, hide existing
Post time and date
Shortcuts: press Ctrl with: B = Bold, I = Italic, P = Publish, D = Draft more conference room of our office smelled like Crayola crayons (teachers you know that smell…) and it gave me such a comfort. So even though we are about to go on break for a month, when we return in September, I will feel right at home. I feel like a teacher again!
Thank you team for all you have done. Not only have you blessed the children of Swaziland, but you have blessed one North Carolina teacher as well.
Sorry, the picture doesn't wan tot post. I'll try again later

5 comments:

Donald and Diane said...

thank you for the work you do. No one can imagine the work all of you do for the children. Continue the blessing...Miss you and all the children..
Diane Page
NC

Anonymous said...

Awh- that is AWESOME! i know the teacher in you is fully alive and pumped!

It never ceases to amaze me how God always comes thru and thru and thru.

happy for Cup :)

Jennifer said...

thanks for the shout out girl! it will be so weird to walk past your classroom and not see you! i need a label maker-i don't have one-but just the thought makes me excited:)

Jean Ohlerking said...

did you know that smell of crayola crayons is one of the most recognizeable? it certainly brings back memories for me...along with new school shoes, new clothes and the smell of mimeographed work papers.

Steve said...

It seems so easy to buy some school supplies to bring on a trip to Swaziland. The pleasure you had in sorting them and the joy the children will have in using them is incredible. Just a reminder of how we can all do something that's simple for us to make a big difference in someone else's life.
Steve - one of the 31