Monday, August 13, 2007

African Adventure week 6

The other day we went with the team to Milwane, a game reserve, for dinner. While we were chowing down, a family of warthogs sauntered by. Huh. Nathaniel told me that last time he was there, an ostrich ate off of this plate. That would never happen in the states.
Another animal experience:
The other day I saw my coffee cup was empty. I poured the last splash from the pot into my cup, added a splash of cream, and a little shake of sugar. AS I drank it down, there was something soft and mushy on my tongue. I figured it must be some coffee grounds from the bottom of the pot and spit it onto my finger tips.
Nope.
Not quite sure what it was, but it was a soft body with definite legs. I think it was a spider at some point. Now you know how I feel about spiders, but surprisingly I just shrugged it off. It didn’t really bother me. In fact, later that day, after running around I was starving.
“Hmm… Maybe I should have just eaten the spider. It would have held me over…”
Ha HA Yeah, I know it’s gross, but I think Africa is doing that to me. :0)
I also got my first flat last Friday. Amazingly, I was at peace. I knew God was in control and I was safe. Isnt' that funny? In the states I would freak out even though I just had to call my insurance to change it. But I sent a text to every man in my phone, and had a response in minutes. Nathie and Darren were on their way home from Manzini and were there quickly, changed it, and I was on the road again! HOw cool. And I watched, so now I know how to do it! Hopefully I'll never need it!

No comments: