Friday, August 17, 2007

So sad.

I've been visiting my carepoint, Moneni, and getting to know the student there. I know that Moneni, has a disproportionate amount of children with HIV, and you can see that some of the children are sickly. I guess in my mind I could "tell" which ones were sick, and which were not. They are small, frail, dull skinned, dark spots over their skin at times.
Yesterday I was talking to Queeneth about the sickly children, and she said," Yes, and there is that one little boy, B----, I think he is still on his ARV's but he's still sickly."
I didn't know he was positive.
My heart kinda stopped.
He is one that I've been growing close to.
I just wanted to stop driving, and cry.
I did last night.
I guess I had the tiniest glimps of what these families must go through,- loving a child,and then finding they are HIV positive.
A shock
A heart breaking shock.

No comments: