Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm a spoiled brat

Yes, I know, that's not a surprise to any of you who know me well. But I've never had to be any other way. As a single career gal, it's how it happens
I do what I want when I want, how I want. I never have to consider others. I always get my way.
If I have extra pay at the end of the month, I decide how I want to spend it. Vacation? Savings account? New shoes? It affects no one.
Want to buy a house? Done.
Want to sell a house and move to africa? Done.
Want to eat cookie dogh for dinner? Done.
I call the shots.
No crying babies wake me up, no one needs braces, no one tries to take the remote from me.
Now I know some of you marrieds and mommies are reading this jealously. But let me tell you something. For about 5 months, I've been wondering if this is healthy for me.
Yes, I know it would be torture to have to not have things my way. I would have a temper tantrumn. But in the end it might be good for me.
It might be good for someone to say to me, "No, you can't have your way."
(I know, I can't beleive I'm saying it either.) It might be good for someone to say, "Regardless of the fact that you're tired, you can't eat microwave popcorn for dinner. Go and make a proper meal."
Is this what happens when you are in your 30's? Is this "Maturity?" You start thinking crazy thoughts like this?

2 comments:

Annie said...

Or...maybe He's getting you ready for someone else in your life???

Dave Ohlerking said...

Jean and I love how your mind works--we have since the first day we met you.

Dave & Jean Ohlerking