Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Practice makes perfect!

...So today I practiced loving people. There is a little crippled beggar woman who I always pass in town. I've tried talking with her before but her english is as bad as my siswati. So many times I will just smile, wave, sometimes buy her KFC (the ultimate act of love) or a cold drink.
WEll today I went again to visit her, and sat and talked with her a while. She had a Zulu bible she was reading, as well as some picutres of herself from 1980. I told her in Siswati that Jesus loves her, and she just smiled her big toothless smile! We talked for a while, she in siswati, and I in english and neither knew what the other was saying, but it was nice, just sitting on the grass in the warm sun with Make Elizabeth Vilekate...
What a unique friendship, but I enjoy her.

No comments: