Monday, March 10, 2008

cravings

You all know my friend Lauren is pregnant.
I think her hormones are having an effect on me. Whenever we hang out too long I start having crazy strange cravings.
First it was a baked potato with butter…and honey.
Then it was a banana.
A mashed up banana.
A mashed up banana smooshed on top of a strawberry pop tart.
I absolutely had to have them, and had to have them that way.
Each time I was so overwhelmingly satisfied when I ate them.
No. I should say, devoured them.
Cheeks puffed, lips pursed, eyes fluttering upward,…”Mmmmmmmm.”
And then I was fine. Craving gone.
Isn’t that weird?
Is there any scientific basis for this, or am I going mad?

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Hi Christy,
My name is Rachael Randall and my husband and I are coming to Swaziland at the end of March with Celebration Church. I am a 4th grade teacher and have been talking with Beth Young (she came from Celebration in September with the group that taught the teachers). I have a lot of resources left over from this year and last that i would love to bring. (Books, workbooks, etc). Would you be interested in that? Do you have a copy machine and/or printer (you could copy the pages for some of the children)? If you have any use for these resources, let me know! I would love to bring them when I come on March 24! Thanks!!
Rachael