Monday, November 12, 2007

Yeah!

It was awesome!
You know that when you are doing good, opposition will come?
Well knowing that Pastor Ron would be in the states for 3 months and unable to teach his bible class to my teachers, I’ve been praying about what to do instead.
I really wanted to do the Bait of Satan curriculum by John Bevere. (Now if you haven’t heard of that, so out and get it today! The book, the dvds, the cd…I don’t care get one of them. It will change your life! Especially, if you are thinking of leaving one church and going to another, read chapter 4 first!) Okay, I guess it’s obvious how I feel about it. So I began praying about it months ago. I’ve been preparing worksheets so my teaches could follow along taking notes in English, their second language. I’ve been working very hard to make it possible for them to learn and understand what this man is talking about. I knew it wouldn’t be easy, it would take a lot of extra effort on my part, but I strongly beleive this is something my teachers needed to learn!
Finally the day arrived! I was nervous, but God was telling me it would be awesome! I took him at his word.
About an hour before I was due to leave for Manzini, I started to gather up all of my materials.
Where’s the projector?
This is where it gets hairy. The projector had been lent out to someone in a different ministry. We called him. He had it, but couldn’t bring it to the office because his wife had the car. So we went to him. He gave us the projector but then realized the cords were not in the bag. So we had to drive to the main house across town where the projector had been used. Couldn’t find them.
I was starting to get a bit frustrated/panicy/ discouraged. I realized it was opposition. I just started praying, “Lord, if you want these teachers to see this today, which I believe you do, You have to do something! You have to fight on my behalf because there’s nothing I can do! You can do it, it’s not too big for you. Let those cords be found!” (I remembered a devotional I read once there they suggested reversing your common prayers. Instead of saying , ‘God this is my problem’, you can say ‘Problem, this is my God.’)
Within minutes, he came around the corner of the house with one cord. “It must have fallen out of the bad. It was in the back yard in the dirt.”
Ha HA. One down, on to go! We went back to his house to borrow the cord he had and when he went inside, he found our cord! Yea
Now you think that’s the end of the story right? Nope. We made it to Manzini ½ hour late and I began to set up. Even though we had all of the cords, and I pushed all of the right buttons, the projector would not work. I’d done it before, I knew how to do it, the projector just refused.
But some of the teachers had already arrived and were sitting together singing praise songs in Siswati and praying softly. And before you knew it, the projector gave it, and worked! It was soo cool.
As we got started, I shared the stories and frustrations of the day with the teachers. I told them “There must be something important for you to learn today, if the Devil is working this hard to prevent it.” They all smiled and laughed, nodding knowingly.
We watched the first 2 lessons, talked about them, reviewed them, gave examples, and on and on until I was confident the teachers understood what he was teaching. And they responded so well!!!!!!! They were getting it. It was the light bulb moment!
It was sooo cool! And afterwards the teachers were thanking me, and encouraging me! I think they are excited about this too! There are 10 more lessons and I can’t wait to share it with them! Yea!
I was just walking on air for the rest of the day. It was awesome!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Awesome!