Thursday, November 08, 2007

My (un)lucky 7

These are my babies at Moneni" Bobo, Sihle, Mpumelelo, Mandisa, Maluleki, Ntombikayise,and Ayanda. All 7 of them are graduating from our literacy program on December 1st. We will have a ceremonty with caps and gowns, they will read for their caregivers, and then we will take them for a celebration at a game park. Big fun!
But after that.....
Only the two on the left, Bobo and Sihle are sponsored to continue on with their schooling at a local govenment school. The other 5 simply don't have the school fees.
While it's only about $1000 Emelengeni to attend for a year, the local wages for the cargivers are much lower than that, maybe $600E a month.
The teacher told me that in Bible club she asked for prayer requests. One of the carepoint children raised his hand and prayed that God would provide a way for him to continue his schooling.
It breaks my heart.

2 comments:

Donald and Diane said...

I so enjoy your blogs, I read them everyday. Please email me at ddpage@hughes.net, I have some questions I would like to ask you.
Just incase you don't remember me I came with the mission team from NC this past August.
God Bless
Diane

tever said...

Christy
I came with the NC 31 also. I tried to email you, but not sure I have the correct address. Thanks for keeping us updated with your blogs.
Could you please email me at tevers002@nc.rr.com
Whree is your home church as you said they are coming in june
Tammie