Wednesday, January 28, 2009

You know I'm reading Ezekiel this morning. The Lord was speaking about shepherds who abuse their privileges and neglect their flock. Yep, I could finger point.Then he talks about the sheep and the goats. Okay, know that one. Believers and not really believers.But then look at this Ezekiel 34:20"Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will surely judge between the fat sheep and the scrawny sheep. For you fat sheep push and butt and crowd my sick and hungry flock until they are scattered to distant lands. So I will rescue my flock, and they will no longer be abused and destroyed. and I will judge between one sheep and another."This is the delicate Christians being abused by other Christians. Yikes. You know it just goes back to what the Lord has been trying to instill in my about loving everyone... not just the happy people, the nicely-put-together people, not just the not-too-high maintenance people. But he wants me to love the "freaks & geeks" crowd too.I just keep being drawn back to Jesus saying, "You will be known as my followers by the love you show to one another.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Good stuff!