Monday, January 21, 2008

Go white girl, go white girl, go!

What do you do when the power goes out and you can’t have the movie night that you had planned? Here in Swaziland you do each other’s hair by candle light. Yes, this is me at the teacher’s retreat in cornrows.
Go ahead you are free to laugh. I know I look ridiculous
If only I had my brown bikini I’d look just like Bo Derek.
You know Londiwe did a great job, and if I was black I’d look fine. But I’m a mlungu,- I just can’t pull it off.
But wait it gets better… check out my hair when I took them out!
Ha.




Christy’s hair, circa 1987, the year of the crimping iron. Yeah that’s pretty much how I looked through all of 5th grade.





3 comments:

Jennifer said...

that's so great!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie said...

Hehehe is all I can say!!!

Heidi Lynn said...

i must say i am glad you took them out, but the crimped look, you never know that could catch on again...