Thursday, January 17, 2008

topsy-turvy

I'm back from the teacher's retreat. It went well inspite of minor inconviences, such as no electricty, no hot water, and lots and lots of rain.
But I feel the teachers learned what they were suppose to learn, heard what they were suppose to hear, and experience what was meant for them.
I left very content
But today I am exhauseted. I am drained, and I never want to see another person, at least for a year.
I just want to pack up my things, get a ticket and go home.
I know I get like this when I'm tired. Like I toddler I get overemotional and extreme when I'm sleep deprived.
But today I just want to come home.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey Girl!
I am so excited to see you posted...I'm up late writing about Infant Mortality and Health Disparities (what fun, right?) and God brought you to my mind.

Just wanted to say, I am praying for you! I know I can come home from a set of crazy weekend services and not want to see or talk to anyone, so I can just imagine you feeling so spent after the teacher's retreat.

I will pray that God encourages you and renews your spirit as He gives you the opportunities to minister to His people.

Matthew 11:29 (The Message)
28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

(Amplified)
29Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.

I love how it says, "Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly" and in the AMP, "you will find rest...blessed quiet for your souls"!! Seek Him and let Him be that for you.