Tuesday, January 15, 2008

please pray

hey all, just a quick note before I head off to Maloloja for our teacher's retreat. This has been my assignment since I arrives, so I'm nervouse and excited and scared all at the same time. I just want it to go well.
We've been learning about offenses for months now and I think my teachers understand that part now. Now the finishing part, that we are studying over the retreat is about forgiveness. This will be big for them , if they get it. I mean really get it. Some of these teachers have had huge obsticles in their lives, major abuses, and rejection and neglect. I see how much it hinders the life that Christ intends for them to have. In addition, once they fully understand it for themselves, then they can pass on the knowledge and understanding to the children they work with.
Please pray that "those with eyes will see, and those with ears will hear." I want so much for them to be set free from the chains of bitterness. I think many hearts have been prepared, and now they simply need to be taught. (that's my role) Pray for me as well, my ability to teach with clarity and cultural understanding.
Overall pray that things go smoothly with the accomodations and activities ect....Just pray okay!!!!!!!
I hope to have lots of awesome things to report on thursday!

2 comments:

Annie said...

You've been on my heart this week and I'm definitely praying for you and the teachers. God is doing a mighty work through you!! Keep up the faith!

Love ya!

Carole Turner said...

I just prayed. God be with you.