Wednesday, January 23, 2008

cool stuff

Press stick, or Bostick as it is often called, is the African version of Duct Tape- it can fix anything! I have found that having a package of press stick in an African home is more valuable in the long run then, say, food or electricity.
We have it in the states, but it not as widely praised. But here, it is essential.
I’ve used it to fix broken picture frames.
I’ve used it to hang pictures on my stone walls (can’t use a nail too easily)
This morning I had a very annoying problem, and once again Press stick came to the rescue.
I have a “phone” that attaches to the outside gate. So when I guest arrives they press the button and it rings, and then I can verify who it is and buzz them through. Well, something is wrong, and even with the phone hung up, I can hear this horrible feed-back ringing sound coming from the earpiece into my chippie cottage.
Agh! And it’s never ending! Even with my hearing difficulties I can hear it non stop!
So what did I do? That’s right, plug it up with press stick.
Ahhhhh! Sweet relief!
Thank you press stick inventor, for your wonderful product.

No comments: