Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Relationships

Look what I saw today.
1 Samuel 3:7 Samuel did not yet know the Lord because he had never had a message from the Lord before.
I thought that was interesting.
Samuel had been living in the tabernacle since he was weaned. He was being raised in that setting day in and day out. His guardian was the priest, Eli.
He assisted in the tabernacle, and lived right.
People liked him, and God thought he was doing a good job (2:26)
But he did not yet know the Lord
I makes me think about people today.
How many have been raised in the church, by role-model parents (maybe even a pastor), and go through the motions of church, and live right, and do good things in God’s eyes, but still don’t know the Lord.
It’s all about relationship.
Are you trying to build a relationship with Him? I guarantee he’s trying to build one with you.

No comments: