Tuesday, August 01, 2006

One Hot Momma

You know it's gonna be hot when you wake up and have a thin film of sweat on your face.
It never fails. The one week I choose to spend in Michigan is inevitably the hottest week of the year. It happens every year and this year is no exception. We are having a record breaking heat wave and I'm miserable. Its' been okay so far. We've been to lots of places with air conditioning, or a storm will blow through and cool things off at night to sleep. But yesterday it got really bad,- a heat index of 107. Today it was 80 degrees when I woke up. I'm sweating in all of my crevices!!!!!!! I'm getting lathargic, and I'm getting cranky, and my patience with my dad is wearing very very very thin!!!!! I've actually got to the point where I am planning today around cooling activities.
1st I will sit here and sweat a bit more. Then I will take a cool shower.
2nd I'll sit until I can't take it any more, then I will go to starbucks to write and have some quite time in the air conditioning
3rd I will come home and sit and sweat and be miserable until it's time to go to the movies with Colleen.
It's going to cool off this week. Can you guess when? Yes, that's right on Thursday, after I'm back in North Carolina

No comments: