Friday, August 25, 2006

Eat, Drink and be merry!






Okay, we did do more that eat and drink in Brazil , but the pictures don't really show it. They had amazing ice cream that you paid for by weight, you just help yourself to as much as you want. I didn't' recognize many flavors because they were all in Portuguese. However, I did read "rum". yum. I also knew the word "cheese" so I avoided that one. Wes is feeding some to mouse here.
On our tour of the area of the mission, we walked up and down hills forever! Then we came to a bar. Yes, a random bar in the middle of nowhere. Well the group shared bottles of Gurana (like ginger ale). One evening we went to a Brazilian steak house where we ate to our heart's delight! They simply come and give you meats that have been roasted. And you can eat as much as you'd like. I only ate tiny bites of each so I could try most of them, and they were delicious. I had fillet mignon, ostrich, iguana, chicken, pork, wild boar, and some kinda Brazilian animal that has the body of a deer, but the face of a rat. Ewww. But it tasted good anyway. What ever Jennifer was eating in this picture must have been good too. And of course we began/ ended everything in our day with amazing Brazilian coffee. I brought 20 bags home with me. No I'm serious. The security officer at the air port laughed at me.

1 comment:

Jean Ohlerking said...

Thanks for MY coffee...can't wait to taste it!

We enjoyed our evening visiting with you last night, and for the personal update on this awesome trip to Brazil.

Can't wait to get you to Swaziland!