Sunday, August 20, 2006

The church of the Lion part 2

READ ME SECOND!!!!

While I was in Brazil I re-read some of my journal entries from the previous year. About a year ago , while driving in my car, God spoke to me saying, "You can't seperate my love from my power, because they are the same thing." I didn't quiet get it. I ran it by a few friends who totally got it, but as they tried to explain it to me, I still couldn't get it. So I put it on the shelf for a while.
Anyway, this past week I think I got a glimpse of what it means. The church of the Lion as I've already written is so full of sincere, tangible love. And with it came unbridled power!
The holy spirit ruled that church, His Glory fell, and I witnessed things I never could have imagined.

Several of our team members were "slain in the spirit"

A friend stood at the alter and the pastor grabbed his forhead, blew into his mouth and my friend let out a roar!! He said, "Christy, it was a sound that I never could have produced in the natural."

I saw a woman worshiping, while holding the hand of another girl, maybe her friend or sister. Over a period of several minutes I noticed a change in her. Her gentle sway began more intense, then a bounce, then her arms came out to her side and began to rise up and down so gracefully. Suddenly, her friend fell out, and she began to move with more fervor. She no longer looked like a person dancing. I thought to myself, "It looks just like a bird flying!" With that, she opened her mouth and let out 3 ear spliting eagle calls.

One friend had a woman blow on her and she fell to her knees. The woman blew a second time and she fell out. When she got up again, she was weeping, and didn't stop for hours. This wouldn't seem like a big deal to most of us, but this friend had confided in me that she used to be abused for crying as a child. So she no longer cried. She told me that night, "I've been praying for a year that God would let me feel again. That He'd help me cry" She asked me later, "Do you remember in that Narnia movie, when everyone was turned to stone? And the Lion blew on them and they came to life again?" I hadn't remembered that scene but thought it was significant that she did. The Lion of Judah has begun to restore her.

Once on the bus again, the team becan to share stories of what they had experienced. Again and Again and Again, it was the power of God to convict hearts, heal wounds, set the captives free, and restore.
I'm starting to see what He means about His love and his power being the same thing.

No comments: