Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My Vision for Africa


These were some ideas I had back in february. I shared then with some prayer partners and then Teresa Rehmeyer when I traveled to Swaziland, and now I'm ready to post them:

I was watching infomercials early in the morning (yes, I love them) and was watching Feed the Children. Larry Jones was in Africa talking about the little hungry boy he met 25 years ago who inspired him to create Feed the Children. Well, (surprise) they'd found that boy to be reunited with him on TV in an emotional reunion. But the thing that struck me was that his circumstances hadn't changed in 25 years. The country was still impoverished, and he was still struggling to provide food for himself and his family. And I tell you what; the enemy began to whisper to me, "What's the point? Why would you feed a child simply so they can grow up and still be hungry? You're just prolonging the inevitable."
But before that could even take root in my heart, God spoke to my spirit saying, "Things aren't always going to be that way." Praise God! He is fully aware of the situation in Africa. They are not in the corner of his eye, but they have his full attention! I believe God is getting ready to move in a powerful way concerning Africa. The work being done there will not return void. The work being done to serve the children in Africa is not in vain. The efforts there are now no longer a life-long support, but only a temporary support until they are able to stand on their own. I believe this generation of children currently being served will see the power of God sweep through the continent!!!!


Want to do your part in Africa? You don't even need to get on a plane. go to www.childrenscup.org to participate in the 40 days of prayer! It's quick, it's easy, it's free. but Oh what a difference it will make!

1 comment:

Jean Ohlerking said...

Jesus said "If you've done it unto the least of these, you've done it unto me."

and also, "If you didn't do it, it wasn't done for ME."

So it's not always for us to know the outcome of our deeds. We just need to remember who we are working for!

He gives the increase. He makes the difference.

Can't wait 'til you get to Swaziland and are part of our great team of missionaries.

meemaw