Tuesday, December 30, 2008

To dog, or not to dog

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a dog as a companion.
Not today, mind you, but this spring.
So today I just happened to be donating some detergent to the humane society and took a look at my shopping options... you know for when spring comes around.
They were all sooo cute! I wanted to take them all home!
The only thing that pried me away from there was the fact that I was going to a movie.
Well, wouldn't you know the movie I wanted was starting too soon so I chose to see Marley & Me.
Oh my goodness! That really was the dog from hell. As I sat there watching the movie I remembered the way it was with my other dogs, - the chewing, the potty training, the barking, the howling, the near dislocated shoulders on walks, the distroyed everthings, the non-intended food that got eaten.
And then the ending...well I won't say it but I remembered that with other dogs as well. I cried quietly while the others in the theatre sobbed.
Ugh. Never mind. I don't need a dog. If I want companionship I'll just get married.
Men chew less.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

haha! you are too funny! i agree-get married instead :)

EMB* said...

Too funny!

But, let me be the first to tell ya... Men will eat you out of house and home TOO! Dont' let them try to fool ya! And at times their trying to "fix" something can lead to about as much distruction!!! never the less, they do generally shed and slobber less? So thats a perk! :-)