Friday, December 19, 2008

Going Home!!!!


Tomorrow I’m going home. It just hit me yesterday.
But the house has been cleaned and inventoried, the bags have been packed and the goodbyes have all been said.
It seems surreal. How has it been 18 months?
This journey started 4 years ago when I sent a short-term application to Children’s Cup. I figured I’d come for 2 weeks, kiss some babies, and go home and pat myself on the back, thinking “What a good person I am”
I had no idea the journey that God had planned for me.
This has been the single most influential, healthy, maturing, strengthening experience in my life. Some days were tough, but I wouldn’t have traded it for a million dollars.
I recently read that of all the people who feel called to the mission field, on 5% go. It makes me so sad for the other 95%. They don’t know the blessing they are missing.
I’ll see you soon, state-side.

4 comments:

EMB* said...

Christy... be safe in your travels... I'll be praying for you!
E*

Jennifer said...

We can't wait to have you back home!!! XOXO. I'll be praying that you survive that LONG trip back!

Annie said...

Praying for you!! Peace peace peace my friend!

~kristi said...

Enjoy that flight! Only 5%, wow!