Thursday, December 04, 2008

Hlane


There are days that you say, "That was a pretty good day."
Other days you say "Huh, I got lucky."
But there are very few days that you say, "Wow. God totally orchestrated that!"

Yesterday was that day.

I was in charge of taking 47 OVCs who graduated to Hlane National Game Reserve for a meal and a game drive.

All of us were piled into a bus where we sweated, and looked for animals together.

I could not believe it. The children saw every animal that Hlane has to offer.

Every Animal.


I've done game drives with teams that last for hours only to see one or 2 of the big 5. But in one hour these precious children saw and elephant, a pride of lions, a leopard, 4 rhinos, a giraffe, a warthog, kudos, antelope, hippos...you name it!

With the time of day, and the horrible heat, I thought we might see one or two, but these kids were blessed!
I joked that the kids were going to think that a game park was the same as a zoo,- you turn a corner there is an animal, another corner, another animal. :0)

Siyabonga Jesu!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow! That is great! I'm so glad the kids got to see all the animals. I don't think Marissa could have handled seeing any more than we did!