Monday, November 17, 2008

Miss America

Well your prayers worked
You know I’ve been struggling with the idea of coming home.
I woke up this morning soooo over Africa. (You can stop praying now.)
Maybe it was the humidity in Maphaveni.
Maybe it was one too many crazy drivers on the road.
Maybe it was the 9th day of rain, or my power going out for the umpteenth million time.
Maybe it was realizing I need to make my Thanksgiving shopping list today so I’ll be able to get all of the ingredients I need over the next 2 weeks.
I’m just tired of it all. (More likely I’m just tired. I get cranky/whiny when I’m tired.)
Now I’m at the other end of the spectrum.
I have 5 weeks left here,- 35 days. And today it seems like 34 ½ too many!
I long to see my mom.
I want to buy new mascara with options other than outrageously priced Maybelline.
I want to go perfume shopping.
I want to feel carpeting on my feet.
I want to turn on a furnace when I’m cold.
I want to see the new James Bond movie.
I want to sit on a comfortable couch and watch a tv show.
I want to go for a jog without carrying mace.
I want come home from work and not have to wash my feet.
I want to throw away my long skirts.
I miss America.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

and we miss you too!