Wednesday, November 26, 2008

3. Susan Rodgers


I met Susan on my first trip here in ’06. I knew we would be friends. 2 days after arriving this time, she knocked on my door with a pair of slippers. “I thought you might need these.” I wore them until there were holes in them. I’ve never met a woman with her generosity, or sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.
She’s made time for me on several occasions, just to vent, and cry over the difficulties of missionary life. She’s talked me off of the ledge, and pried my return ticket from my fingers more than once. :0)
When my dad died this past April, she was at my house in PJ’s within minutes.
She has been there to support me every time that I’ve needed it. Her ministry of missionary support made life in Swaziland possible for 18 months.

No comments: