Friday, November 28, 2008

2. Lauren, Ross, and Abby Mackie



Who’d think that 2 women from such different backgrounds would become such great friends? Lauren, originally from Zimbabwe has made my African Experience what it was. I met her as a newlywed and was able to be witness to her growth as a married woman and now a new mommy. She brings grace, elegance, and a fresh perspective to every situation. Her faith and relationship with Jesus are profound, yet somehow she makes it look easy,- it’s encouraging… it makes me hope I can achieve it too someday. LOL.
Ross, her husband, is a true SA Gentleman,- until you get him playing a game of RISK. He makes an honest attempt to screen potential suitors, as well doing “brotherly” tasks,- like finding a tarp from my truck.
Abby is their beautiful baby girl. While I have many friends with children, she was the first baby that I got to be with from the announcement, through the pregnancy, to the birth, and now watching her grow. That is so special to me.

No comments: