Friday, November 14, 2008

I’m trying to psyche myself up! I’m making mental lists of things in America that I enjoy, that way I can be excited about leaving Africa next month.
These are the things I’m excited about:
Sweet tea, starbucks, Christmas, my mom, cable phone calls for one monthly price, the Today show, high speed internet, pizza hut/mcdonalds, drinking water from the tap, my house, a truck with a working cd player, talking to Heidi on the phone, my nieces, seeing snow, a real winter, furnaces/air conditioners, free chips and salsa at Mexican resturaunts, maybe getting a dog, Target, movie theatres ,and Ann Taylor Loft.
It worked!...for about 30 minutes.
Then I looked at the list. Yes I love all of these things. But I realize all of these things (with the exception of my mom) are superficial things that really make no difference after you experience them. Are any of these things going to give me purpose, or value?
So I’m back where I began,- feeling blah about returning without know really what the next step. I know the next step will be awesome, but it’s hard to get excited about it if I can’t see it unfolding. You know?
**** Note to readers. It's been a few says since I wrote this. And the more I pray about it, the more I realize that this is His plan unfolding. Therefore, it's filled with good things. As Natalie says, "when you are following the Lord, change is always in your favor." So I'm starting to get excited,- even if I can't see what is ahead. This time I know it's for the right reason, not just because I miss Starbucks.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

amen! can't wait to see you :)