Tuesday, April 29, 2008

This is how I choose to remember my dad





These were taken in Hawaii last summer before I left for Africa.
These were the last times I spent with my dad.
This is how I will choose to remember him
Happy, carefree, living life and loving life.
My dad never liked to travel, or spend money. But for his baby girl he pulled out all the stops. As you can tell he was having the time of his life on that cruise, and I will always be grateful that such an amazing gift.
I see now the gift was not in the trip itself, but in those wonderful memories I now have with my dad.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

christy, you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. i love you so much.

Kristin said...

Hi Christy - You don't know me yet...my husband and I are moving to Swazi in September. But I read your blog all the time and I just wanted you to know that I'll be praying for you and your family. How wonderful that you have those memories with your dad! With love, Kristin Evans

Jean Ohlerking said...

We just knew that awesome vacation gift you got with your dad before going to Swaziland would turn out to be more special than any of us could imagine...

It was a gift from your Dad--but really, a gift from God...the One who knows the end from the beginning.

Sort of a reward to you for choosing to obey Him.

What a treasure trove of memories!