Thursday, May 08, 2008

Some times you just need a good laugh


This week has been tough, but you know sometimes you get an unexpected chuckle. For example, my dad's dog, Bud, is on seizure medication. I have to give it to him twice a day. Now, the pharmacist knows it's for a dog, because the label clearly reads, "Give to dog-Bud 1 tablet twice a day..."
But the warning label is absurd! it reads:
May cause drowsiness. Alcohol may intensify this effect. Use care when operating a car or dangerous machinery.
I'm not making this up! I'm not that creative. Needless to say Bud is mad that I took away his whisky, and his keys to the tractor.

Also, if anything good can ever come out of losing a loved one, it's the ability to mess with those pesky telemarketers that call.
I got a call the other day from a woman, whose favorite line was "I apologize."
The conversation went like this
"Hello?"
"Yes, is this Mrs. Merrill?
"This is Miss Merrill."
"I apologize. I'm looking for Gar-net. Is she available?"
"Garnet is my father."
"Oh I apologize. Is he available?"
"No. May I ask who's calling?"
"I apologize, this is Maryanne with the American Lung association. Is there another time I can call and reach Garnet?"
"No. My father passed away about a week ago."
"...OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!! I'msorrypleasedisreguardthiscall!"
Click.
I just had to laugh. This poor woman is probably going to quit her job now. she couldn't get anything right!

No comments: