Monday, December 31, 2007

I resolve to...

What are your resolutions? It was suggested to me once that we should make resolutions for our friends.
Hmmmm. That might be cool. I bet no one would ever see you as needing to loose 5 pounds. (Isn’t that what we always resolve ladies?)
Instead they might make you resolve to take 30 minutes a day, just to pamper yourself. Maybe they would say that you are no longer allowed to say negative things about yourself. Maybe they’d say you need to work less, or read more, or stand up straight, or face challenges head on.
I dunno, but it seems that those who love us wish we’d worry about the things that make no difference, and begin to embrace and enhance those things that make us so lovable in the first place.

1 comment:

Carole Turner said...

Very true.

I really like your blog. Thanks for letting us go along on your journey.