Saturday, June 09, 2007

That being said...




So the sale was kinda hard on me. Just a bit. (sniffle sniffle)
In spite of everything I felt yesterday, it was hard for me to watch the things go, bit by bit, one by one, to people who might not even cherish them the way I do.
I mean, the couple who bought the fan,- will they simply put it in a hot room, or will they take the time to talk into it and let it live up to it's full Darth Vadar potential?
The woman who bought my heels? Will she put them on with rolled up jeans and dance on a hard wood floor just to hear them click?
And the man who bought my tiki torches? Will he just use them for himself, or will he invite friends over to sit on the back porch, and curse the blasted things when they all realize they don't really deter mosquitos?
Maybe the things that I love so much,( even though they are just silly things) mean so much to me because of the memories they hold for me and those I love so much. And maybe I have so many things because I'm just so super blessed,- not with items, -but with people I love who I feel the need to share them with.
Maybe the Lord will bless me with some new things in Africa...and new loved ones to share them with.

I've know this day would come. I've been clinging to this lately:
And Jesus replied, "I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News, will receive now in return, a hundred times over, houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property..." Mark 10:29

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know He's gonna bless you for sure!!

Jean Ohlerking said...

you got it nailed. and those things, those 'treasures' you have let go of, will seem like nothing when you see what kind of treasures God has for you in heaven...mostly with funny-sounding names, like siphmandla, sibongali, nhlanhla...