Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Baton Rouge!

I had a great weekend in Baton Rouge. I met some fun people, ate a LOT of food, saw the cutest children ever, and just relaxed. I haven't had that in a while, and probably won't again for another week or so.
One of the most enjoyable things was an outreach I did with Healing Place Church. We passed out tea and prayed for folks. It was crazy hot and all I could think about was watermelon, but it was a good time
One little old lady names Eloise, (92) found out I was going to Africa. She started praying for me after I prayed for her! I love it.
While the neighborhoods were really rough, there were some of the sweetest people living amongst it all. Poor yes, but gentle spirits and kind hearts. I'm glad there is a church attempting to serve their needs there. :0)

No comments: