Monday, June 04, 2007

I'm surrouded by deception!




Every person in my life is a big ol'e phoney! They lie to me! They purposefully decieve me! They sneak around behind my back! And I love them so much for it
This is how it all went down.
Joey told me a while ago she wanted to do a girl's night before I left with Jennifer and Renee. Fine
So we went to lunch at Carrburritos and then a movie. Now I'd wondered if they were going to secretly invite Heidi, but Heidi never gave me any incling to this so I figured maybe not. To be honest I was a bit hurt Heidi wasn't making an effort to say good-bye, but I figured "what ever!"
So we do the lunch and a movie and then Jennifer handed me a coupon:

To:Christy Merrill
From: Unknown
For: Dinner at Firebirds @ 6:15

Hmmmm. I thought "Great! They are taking me to dinner." But they kinda seemed clueless about what to do once we arrived at Firebirds.
"What is going on?" I thought. Then I thought again, "Did Heidi sneak into town to surprise me?"
Well sure enough, there she was. I'm not a cryer, but I did start crying I was so touched. My friends pulled a fast one on me, and I was so thrilled.
Oh, but it doesn't end there! As Heidi led me to our table, who was there but MARY!!!!!!!! I NEVER Expected her to come down. Between her national boards and wedding planning, I just didn't think it was possible for her.
So we have a nice dinner and walk around the mall a bit and then leave. Half-way to my house Heidi shout out, "Crap! Mary my car is still at Carrburitos! (they snuck there after we left) We need to go pick it up!" So we started down some back roads towards Carrboro when Mary suddenly turns into Mary Catherine's drive way.
And there waiting for me was a going away party with all of my friends and favorite people! I couldn't believe it. I still can't beleive it. And best of all they had all created a unique page about our friendship for a scrap book,- even the guys! I was so proud of them.
What a wonderful day...
But who says lightning doesn't strike twice? Monday I wen tot school and had a long sweaty day of field day activities. Snow cones, tug-of-war, dunking booths...lots of fun. but all the while, unbeknownst to me, my room parents were setting up a suprise party in our classroom complete with cake, streamers, and gifts
Sigh.
It's gonna be hard to leave peole like this behind. :0(

No comments: