Friday, June 22, 2007

Phew. That was close!



It was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
After weeks on constant motion, non-stop work and STRESS I returned from Baton Rouge to pack my house, close, and go on to Michigan.
As I worked to move mountains at home, I decided I needed to get online and get my ticket. I was excited and thought it would be the bright spot of my day in the mist of letting go.
I was not surprised to find tickets available for July 7th,- after all that is my day. That's the day He picked for me to travel.
Select and Click.
I almost fainted. The price, in one week, had jumped to $3,600.
I'm not making this up.
I thought perhaps I had ordered 2 tickets by mistake.
No, there was no mistake.
I hurried to call South African Airlines, explaining the situation. But I got no sympathy from them.
What was I to do? Fist I frantically emailed my 'cup team for prayer and advice. Appearantly, the only other option I thought reasonable was to have a meltdown. I'm talking about a wailing, sobbing, stomping, pounding, kicking tantrum! I made no effort to control myself. I sat in the floor with my I Love Lucy face, and bawled. Finally pulling myself together, I attempted to put some sweaters into my suitcase. When they didn't fit, it was round 2.
I carried on for over an hour, but you know what? (The women will understand this)It felt good! It felt so good just to sit and cry and get it all out,- infact I'd just told James that's what I needed,- a good cry. He just looked at me. But for months everything has been building up in me and I just needed release! Finally I put my big girl panties on, and checked my email. My team had been praying, and offering advice when they could.
And now I have a ticket bought for only $2,300.
Done
Phew, that was close.

No comments: