Saturday, June 09, 2007

How I'm feeling


Today was my BIG SALE. I attempted to sell every last possession. And last night as my mom, Jennifer, and I hurriedly rushed about (with the power out) to price and set up everything, I began to get this icky sinking feeling.
I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF!
I'm not one of those people you see on Oprah who horde stuff. And I'm not materialistic in any means. Yet When I saw everything I own, out of cupboards out of closets, and out of the attic and shed, it made me really upset.
Why do I have this much stuff?
I think about the people in the other countries I've visited. They dont' have 8 matching embroidered beaded placemats for Christmas dinner, and then 4 swede placemats for the fall. They dont' have so many shoes they need a show rack. They don't have a special plate to serve chips and dip in when they entertain.
Hmmm. It's not guilt I'm feeling. You know I'm not big on guilt.
But I don't like feeling like this. I don't like knowing that I have stuff, just for the sake of having stuff.
Yech.

No comments: