Sunday, May 20, 2007

Yea!


I have good days and bad days. Some days it's everything I can do to keep from crying.
Fund raising stinks.
On one hand I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. But then I think it's something everyone should do at least once in their lives. It's hard. It's humbling. And it has built my faith in God's provision more than anything else I've ever done.
It has stripped me bare,- to nothing,- and had built me up again.
I stand before God knowing there is absolutely nothing I can do. He has to do it or it won't get done.
And in spite of all of the frustration, He speaks his encouragment to me. I woke up from a nap today (big surprise huh?) About to jump out of my skin. I'm going to Swaziland! I'm so excited! I can hardly sit still!
There is nothing in the natural to cause it, but God is speaking to my heart that he is making everything fall into place.
And it's these more frequently occuring instances that assure me that it really is happening! I really am going to make it to Swaziland!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Yay! You're going to Swaziland!!

Jean Ohlerking said...

fund raising.

God's way to keep missionaries humble, maybe?

Can't wait for you to get to work in Swaziland! You are so needed...