Monday, May 07, 2007

What? Me Stressed?


I've been so stressed lately. It seems everything his at once. Maybe not in reality but I feel the pressure of life pushing in on all areas.
It's so unlike me, but I've been totally high strung lately. I can almost feel the gray hairs growing. It took all of my human strength no to go off on some middle school students today. I almost snapped.
I realized this morning, after a late night without sleep, and that reaccuring anxiousness in my stomach when I awoke, that I can't go on like this. I have circles under my eyes, I'm irritable, and just always feeling like I'm behind.
Sigh.
I know I need to fight to get my peace back. Yes there are major issues looming around me. I'm selling my house, I'm selling off all of my worldly possessions, and not to mention the fact I'm severly lacking in my monthly support for Africa, which I need before I buy a quickly evaporating ticket.
Sigh
But I know those things aren't necessary to have peace. Because He is peace, not objects of events
I prayed, "Lord send me some pledges."
He sent me a check for $1,000.
Not funny Lord.
He's messing with me.
I couldn't help but laugh along with Him. I love his sense of humor.

So my friend heard for me "Be still and know that I am Lord" Psalm 46:11
Funny, that's the same verse He gave me a year ago. It spoke to me then and it still speaks to me today. It was written during the same time as 2 Chronicles, 20:12 which has always been my life verse.
The battle's on. Only it's not me who has to fight this time. :0)

1 comment:

Jean Ohlerking said...

praying with you for your monthly support--and for your peace. nothing is too big for our God.

funny how missionaries on the verge get anxious. God gave me the verse: their strength is to sit still.
(located somewhere in old testament)

hard to do. but worth the trust and exercise in faith.

hang in there.