Sunday, May 27, 2007

Lord, what are you up to?


I love watching things unfold. Like a complex movie with twists and turns, and I sit in anticipation growing always more excited as the plot is revieled.
I think the Lord is up to something, I just can't figure it out yet.
Swaziland is a tiny country. No one even knows where it is. But I keep finding out about people who are going there for various reasons.
For example, after decided to go with Children's Cup, I talked to a missionary couple at my church. "Oh yeah, we were in Swaziland a while ago. Our friends do ministry there."
Yeah, turns out this couple who lives just a few miles down the road here in NC is returning soon, and will be teaching at the local bible college in Manzini. I had breakfast with them one morning at Cracker Barrel and we shared our ministry visions.
So then tonight I was at a missions meeting at newhope, and Leah turns to me and says, "Oh my friend just got back from Swaziland, and she's going to build an orphanage there..."
She's going to get us in touch with one another before I head out.
I know networking is always good,but I don't think this is just networking. What are you up to Lord? This is interesting to see how it 's all going to unfold. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm orphanage...hmmm...perhaps there is a theme here!!!

Patrick Conti said...

I agree that God is up to something...a lot of people have poured their heart out to God for the Kingdom of Swaziland and millions more have prayed for the country. I believe it is a springboard of what God wants to do throughout the rest of the continent. I have a feeling what we're doing in Swaziland is going to grow exponentially into countries all the way up to Morracco. We need to seek him, we need to be prayerful, we need to cry out for integrity and character. He's wanting to move, we need to get ready. Ok, I'm pumped now! sorry for the long comment.