Sunday, March 01, 2009

Wait...

When Heidi taught preschool, she had "wait cards". When a child tried to interrupt or needed her attention, she would simply hand them a wait card.
Amazingly it seemed to be enough. The child knew she was aware of their need, and that Heidi would give him her attention in just a few seconds. They were not being put off but were willing to wait patiently.
Ingenious idea. I always intended to try it....
But since coming back to the US, I feel like God has given me a wait card. But somehow I've interpreted it as "go figure it out yourself"
Ech, a very frustrating place to be.
He's setting me straight. The other day in a store I saw "Be still and know that I am the Lord" Psalm 46:10.
So I'm reading the card correctly. It says "wait";- Not "fret", not "figure it out", not "I'm unaware"...just "wait."
my eyes have been opened, with a big "Ohhhhhh! I get it now."
:0)

1 comment:

Heidi Lynn said...

Well put! Sometimes I want to throw the wait card back and scream, but I refrain and now the card is an acknowledgment of his love and my turn too will come.