Tuesday, March 24, 2009


I'm learning to rest in Him.

"The beloved of the Lord rests in safety - the High God surrounds him all day long - the beloved rests between his shoulders."
Deut. 33:12

I made me think about all of those babies in Africa, tied upon their mother's back. They were secure.
They were resting safely between her shoulders.

They couldn't see what was ahead, only she could see the future
They would have had difficulty seeing behind them, they couldn't focus on the past.
They simple could look around, side to side and see the present.
In their security, they rested. Momma took care of all of their needs.




3 comments:

~kristi said...

thats good a take.

Annie said...

Amen!

beccachristian said...

love that, christy. and the Lord, as you know, is teaching me about rest. One of my favorite songs right now is "Trust" by Kristene Mueller. One of the lines is "I've got you my baby, oh I've got you. it's quite the mess you're in but it's nothing love can't fix. So sit here upon My SHOULDERS, and watch as it all unwinds"...anyway it has SHOULDERS in it and reminds me that I'm strapped on to the Lord's back. anyway, thanks.